USA's future with Trump  

RSS

Trusted Member
02/05/2017 7:41 pm  

After a dramatic win in elections by Donald Trump that made him rule the USA. It has been more than hundred days now as a President for Donald Trump and we have seen the sense of Unrest by his body language. The reason is his policy-making ability. American people were looking for a positive change by electing this man as president but the situation today shows that maybe he was not the just choice.

Page3 liked
ReplyQuote
Trusted Member
08/05/2017 5:39 am  

It's a difficult situation. While it's understandable in a way that people wanted change from the usual (where the $$ goes into the pockets of the big fish), Trump might have not been the right choice.

He has no experience as a politician, and he has no military experience. How it is possible that someone without any experience can get the most important job in this country, is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Trump as a person, and I am certain that he has the best intentions to give America back to the people, give them a chance, give them work, keep the jobs in America, you name it, but I'm really afraid that he's going to cause world war 3.

I'm against building a wall. It won't keep illegals out, they will find a way. Moreover, imagine all the illegals gone. Many of them work for very low wages, picking vegetables. If they were all gone, the price of vegetables would be scary and unaffordable, I think. 

Of course, there wasn't a "good choice" in this election, in my humble opinion. Neither candidate had what it would take. It will be an interesting  four years.

ReplyQuote
BitcoinSpace
Eminent Member Admin
12/07/2017 8:18 pm  

I don't think there was a good choice in the last election either. In fact, there are a few people who claim that Trump was a ringer that the Democrats planted in the Republican Party to give Hillary Clinton a chance of winning, not that there's any evidence of that. I don't like the idea of a wall either, but there really needs to be a way to manage documentation for migrant workers who do things like harvest vegetables. Make it easier for them to get a work visa, maybe; I think a lot of the problem will go away if prospective immigrants don't have to wait years to get approved. And then immigration enforcement officials will just have to deal with the immigrants who commit actual crimes (and, yes, I am for immigrants facing the same penalties as everybody else if they commit a crime).

ReplyQuote
Eminent Member
12/07/2017 8:28 pm  

What I think is that if your best argument for your candidate is that at least he or she is not the other party's candidate, then you just plain don't have a very good candidate. However, I think people should show up at the polls anyway even if they vote for a third party for President because the mistake people make is thinking that regional elections (like for your senator) don't matter. I've heard of school boards being weighted heavily in favor of voters who don't have kids in public schools because they didn't want to pay taxes for public schools they weren't using and had huge voting drives, rented buses to bring voters out to their polling places, etc. And of course this winds up hurting kids in public school because programs that actually help kids prepare for life in the real world get slashed.

So voting does matter because there are inevitably going to be local public offices and issues on the ballot that are going to be decided by whichever side has the higher turnout. It doesn't matter if you aren't thrilled with the presidential candidates being put up by the Democrats and the Republicans because that's one branch of the federal government and, geez, Obama got shut down by his own party when he wanted to close Guatanamo. Just go vote even if it means that you vote for a third party candidate for president because you can't justify voting for either the Democrat or the Republican.

Edited: 4 months  ago

ReplyQuote
Eminent Member
12/07/2017 8:48 pm  

Just for the record, President Trump doesn't "rule" the USA like a king or an emperor would. He's in charge of the executive branch and the military and he's the ceremonial head of state. But if he wants a new piece of legislation or a budget to do something, he has to go through Congress. He's also thrown tantrums because he figured out that he has to deal with a judicial branch too -- though, to be fair, judges shouldn't make decisions based purely on which party controls the White House. If it's okay for Obama to put a travel ban on certain countries for security reasons or deport illegal immigrants, then the same thing should be okay for Trump. But the entire reason that presidents don't get everything they want is that they have to deal with two other branches of government.

Geez, Groot, you've improved your vocabulary, but you're right that local elections matter. People forget that, but I like the Australian system where everybody's required to show up at the polls. Maybe if we had something like that in the U.S., there'd be fewer people complaining about who got elected when they didn't even bother to show up.

Edited: 4 months  ago

Don't forget to get tickets to go see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Though if you haven't seen Vol. 1 yet, what are you waiting for?

ReplyQuote
Eminent Member
12/07/2017 9:17 pm  

Hahaha, Rocket, I am Groooot! Seriously, though, even Australia's requirement that all of its citizens show up at the polls does not necessarily keep its leaders from being complete nutcases. I have a cousin who lives down there and he complains about the government, like, all the time. It just makes sure that they don't last more than a few years if voters feel like they aren't listening. Imagine collecting an unemployment check because you voted for something that's incredibly unpopular, if you like.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

Bitcoin In Space
CIF: B123456789
202 Hartridge Hills Lane
CP: 33881 Winter Haven (United States)
Tel: 999-999-9999

[email protected]

Bitcoin and space. When both are decentralized, they are natural allies.