NASA isn't really looking for someone who can protect Earth from aliens.  

RSS

Eminent Member
03/08/2017 5:36 pm  

There's been a lot of "clickbait" articles claiming that NASA is attempting to fill a position meant to protect Earth from extraterrestrial threats. This is false; really just second rate websites looking for ad revenue. NASA is just trying to fill its Planetary Protection Officer position. This is the job that makes sure unmanned probes don't contaminate other worlds with our germs. So basically, they aren't looking for a "Men In Black" agent. They're looking for someone who makes sure that our germs don't become an alien superbug that infects another world.

Don't forget to get tickets to go see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Though if you haven't seen Vol. 1 yet, what are you waiting for?

ReplyQuote
Eminent Member
03/08/2017 5:41 pm  

I though so too. Job details here, plus send your resume if you want to work for NASA. I know guys who complain that this position needs to exist because it could get in the way of deep space manned missions. Robert Zubrin (yeah, the Mars Society president) is one of them. But what I think is that this position is going to exist until diplomats get off their duffs and renegotiate international agreements related to activities in outer space. The NASA position isn't new; it's existed for decades. The European Space Agency has a planetary protection officer too.

Edited: 3 months  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

Bitcoin In Space
CIF: B123456789
202 Hartridge Hills Lane
CP: 33881 Winter Haven (United States)
Tel: 999-999-9999

[email protected]

Bitcoin and space. When both are decentralized, they are natural allies.