Charlie Gard being denied care. Socialized medicine to blame?  

RSS

Eminent Member
12/07/2017 9:06 pm  

For those who have been living under a rock, Charlie Gard is that baby who has a mitochondrial ailment that makes his chances of surviving to outcome practically nil. An American hospital has a slim chance of helping the kid with an experimental treatment and most reasonable people would say that it's better to have a slim chance than none at all. But a panel of "experts" are denying his parents permission to take Charlie to the United States for treatment. Some conservative websites are blaming socialized medicine and panels of "experts" who seem terrified that non-socialized medicine could have the answer for this kid. And of course, this is also what opponents of socialized medicine are talking about when they mention "death panels" who decide who's worth saving and who isn't. I'd like for Charlie Gard to have a chance even if it isn't much of one. I say they should let him come to the U.S. if that's what the parents want to do. It would still be a 90% chance that the experimental treatment won't work. But at least they'll be able to say that they gave Charlie more of a chance than this panel of "experts" were willing to.

Edited: 4 months  ago

Don't forget to get tickets to go see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Though if you haven't seen Vol. 1 yet, what are you waiting for?

ReplyQuote
Eminent Member
12/07/2017 9:48 pm  

I totally feel bad for that kid. All the adults are fighting over what happens to him and he's laying there with all that stuff taped to his face and he doesn't know what the heck is going on. I'd say give him a 10% chance of survival over none at all; just please quit fighting over him. Kudos to the parents for at least trying to save him. That's what parents are supposed to do.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

Bitcoin In Space
CIF: B123456789
202 Hartridge Hills Lane
CP: 33881 Winter Haven (United States)
Tel: 999-999-9999

[email protected]

Bitcoin and space. When both are decentralized, they are natural allies.